Potent anti-microbial. The active agent, silver ions, are effective in killing
microbes instantly by blocking the respiratory enzyme system whilst remaining non-toxic to human tissue. Silver dressings are commonly used in the treatment of burns and chronic woundsto remove or reduce an increasing bioburden in burns and open wounds healing by secondary intention, or to act as a barrier against cross contamination of resistant organisms.
- Management of infected wounds and those at risk of infection.
- Stimulates healing rates.
- Makes reduction in wound size.
- More effective control of leakage and odor more than non-silver dressings.
- Management of infected chronic wounds.