L-arginine is L-amino acid (nonessential amino acid) that is used in the biosynthesis of proteins, it may play an important role in the treatment of
cardiovascular disease due to its antiatherogenic, anti-ischemic, antiplatelet, and antithrombotic properties. It has been promoted as a growth stimulant and as a treatment for erectile dysfunction in men. Arginine plays an important role in cell division, the healing of wounds, removing ammonia from the body, immune function, and the release of hormones.
- Improves exercise tolerance and quality of life in people with angina.
- Improves sexual function in men with erectile dysfunction.
- Reduces blood pressure in healthy people, people with high blood pressure, and people with slightly high blood pressure with or without diabetes.
- Treats leg pain associated with poor blood flow (peripheral arterial disease).
- Improves recovery after surgery.